Minnesota Atheists notes a new policy at Borders Books — they've put up a small display section dedicated to books about atheism.
If you've ever been frustrated in a search for books on nonbelief in your local bookstore or annoyed by their inclusion in the comparative religion section, Borders Books has remedied the situation. "Atheism and Agnosticism" has been added as a new section for the works of Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, and many others. We hope other bookstores will follow this example, and encourage our members to suggest they do.
A reader actually sent me a photo of this miracle.
Of course, compare the size of that to the "New Age," or "Religion" section of your typical bookstore, and you can see we've got a ways to go yet. I'm going to have to insist that everyone go out and buy these books. After you've finished reading them, I expect you to write a book of your own, so we can fill up a wide rack of our own.
If you have doubts that you can write a book... have you read any of the books in the New Age or Self-Help or Pop Psych or Religion sections? Lobotomized monkeys could do better.
To monitor comments posted to this topic, use
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
- ► 2009 (335)
- ► 2008 (306)
- Bookstores have Noticed Atheists
- You think with God you've found peace?
- Atheist vs. Christian morality
- The real truth about the Roman Catholic Church
- Christians don't really think for themselves, desp...
- Over the Hedges
- Times-Harris Poll: 1/4th of Us Could Be Atheists o...
- Chess and the Problem of Evil
- Hell and the Narrow Road -- A Letter to Kara
- Finding a Way Forward
- Can a god exist?
- A Lack of Basic Understanding
- Life and Religion
- Life and rRligion
- Deliver us from evil
- Observations about Christianity
- You're bloody lucky to be alive
- If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed
- Atheist finds god! (But it's not what you think)
- Conversation between an atheist and a theist
- TAMMY FAYE GETS EVEN
- Christian Crazy Thinking
- THE LORD'S PRAYER LAID BARE
- The Kingdom of God and Confronting Our Beliefs
- Supernatural or Explainable?
- Why I Believe Anti-Evangelism Is Wrong
- An Evolution-Related Challenge
- The Loftus v. Wood Debate on the Problem of Evil i...
- Atheist ‘Metaphysics’ and Religious Equivocation
- Boggles the Mind
- I'm an agnostic because I'm lazy
- How Can Pastors Believe?
- Christianity and Atheism: A Conversation
- Proof that god is nonexistant: a short version
- Public Atheism: A Question of Image or Discriminat...
- Is there free will in Christianity?
- How to Make the "Neo-Atheist Cabal" Move On
- ▼ July (37)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ► 2005 (102)
- ► 2004 (67)
- ► 2003 (108)