Sent in by Bob K
How many young Earth creationists believe that methods used to date fossils and rock strata that rely on the decay of radioactive isotopes do not give reliable results.
In my limited understanding creationist thought, this would seem to pose some very serious problems for modern technology. If the physics on which the use of radio-isotopes to date fossils and geological strata is "wrong," to use common parlance, then how do the myriads of devices that rely on this erroneous theory work?
The challenge to Young Earth Creationists: if radio-isotope dating is based on erroneous physics, THEN how are MRI's, smoke detectors, lasers, quantum computing, and the like to be explained?
For any of my readers who are familiar with the relevant physics, what would have to be different about the world for the results from radio-isotope dating to be not only wrong but more or less consistent with a 10,000(+/-) year old earth? Think of it as speculative fiction.
As for the Creationists who believe that God created the earth with dinosaur bones in place, do you really want to portray your God as a Deceiver and first runner-up for the title of Prince of Lies?
To monitor comments posted to this topic, use .
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
- ► 2009 (335)
- ► 2008 (306)
- Bookstores have Noticed Atheists
- You think with God you've found peace?
- Atheist vs. Christian morality
- The real truth about the Roman Catholic Church
- Christians don't really think for themselves, desp...
- Over the Hedges
- Times-Harris Poll: 1/4th of Us Could Be Atheists o...
- Chess and the Problem of Evil
- Hell and the Narrow Road -- A Letter to Kara
- Finding a Way Forward
- Can a god exist?
- A Lack of Basic Understanding
- Life and Religion
- Life and rRligion
- Deliver us from evil
- Observations about Christianity
- You're bloody lucky to be alive
- If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed
- Atheist finds god! (But it's not what you think)
- Conversation between an atheist and a theist
- TAMMY FAYE GETS EVEN
- Christian Crazy Thinking
- THE LORD'S PRAYER LAID BARE
- The Kingdom of God and Confronting Our Beliefs
- Supernatural or Explainable?
- Why I Believe Anti-Evangelism Is Wrong
- An Evolution-Related Challenge
- The Loftus v. Wood Debate on the Problem of Evil i...
- Atheist ‘Metaphysics’ and Religious Equivocation
- Boggles the Mind
- I'm an agnostic because I'm lazy
- How Can Pastors Believe?
- Christianity and Atheism: A Conversation
- Proof that god is nonexistant: a short version
- Public Atheism: A Question of Image or Discriminat...
- Is there free will in Christianity?
- How to Make the "Neo-Atheist Cabal" Move On
- ▼ July (37)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ► 2005 (102)
- ► 2004 (67)
- ► 2003 (108)