By Chad M
This is the time of change.
This is the time of wonder.
Religion does not bring change.
Religion destroys the sense of wonder.
Religion is not courageous. It is fearful and cringing.
Religion is not loving. It is tyrannical and abusive.
Religion is not the truth, the way and the light.
It is lies, misdirection and darkness.
A cross on the wall and a nail in the coffin.
Both are resounding and final.
Both are found at the end of life.
I choose Life and Wonder over Fear and Regret.
Religion calls the brave man a coward and the wise man foolish.
Religion acts with self loathing and hatred towards itself.
Religion denies the nature of the universe and kills all hope.
Religion is man dreaming of his God.
Religion is man creating his creator.
Religion is the man made controller of man.
God is Dead as myths must die
to make way for the dawn of reason
and the limitless sky of curiosity .
The blood of a human god does not spill easily and without cost.
The free gift of redemption from our true selves
requires only our Spirit and Mind and Body
locked in perpetual gratis slavery to the scapegoat of God.
God will see the fires of Hades rise in smoke forever
with the bodies of good men and bad cast down to perdition.
In this Law: Believe you in me and I'll enslave you to me
But out of Love will I cast you to the flames if you do not
Religion: Repressive Elitist Ludicrous Isolating Governing Insulting Oppresive Nihilistic
To monitor comments posted to this topic, use .
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
- ► 2009 (335)
- ► 2008 (306)
- Bookstores have Noticed Atheists
- You think with God you've found peace?
- Atheist vs. Christian morality
- The real truth about the Roman Catholic Church
- Christians don't really think for themselves, desp...
- Over the Hedges
- Times-Harris Poll: 1/4th of Us Could Be Atheists o...
- Chess and the Problem of Evil
- Hell and the Narrow Road -- A Letter to Kara
- Finding a Way Forward
- Can a god exist?
- A Lack of Basic Understanding
- Life and Religion
- Life and rRligion
- Deliver us from evil
- Observations about Christianity
- You're bloody lucky to be alive
- If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed
- Atheist finds god! (But it's not what you think)
- Conversation between an atheist and a theist
- TAMMY FAYE GETS EVEN
- Christian Crazy Thinking
- THE LORD'S PRAYER LAID BARE
- The Kingdom of God and Confronting Our Beliefs
- Supernatural or Explainable?
- Why I Believe Anti-Evangelism Is Wrong
- An Evolution-Related Challenge
- The Loftus v. Wood Debate on the Problem of Evil i...
- Atheist ‘Metaphysics’ and Religious Equivocation
- Boggles the Mind
- I'm an agnostic because I'm lazy
- How Can Pastors Believe?
- Christianity and Atheism: A Conversation
- Proof that god is nonexistant: a short version
- Public Atheism: A Question of Image or Discriminat...
- Is there free will in Christianity?
- How to Make the "Neo-Atheist Cabal" Move On
- ▼ July (37)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ► 2005 (102)
- ► 2004 (67)
- ► 2003 (108)