By Doc Mike
This is hilarious! Christian scholars and theologians are releasing a manifesto today to "take back" the term Evangelical from the politicians. Apparently, it's starting to have a negative connotation in the world of politics. I wonder why?
USA Today says in Manifesto aims to make 'evangelical' less political:
"Evangelical" has been widely used to refer to Christians who have conservative political views, but the Evangelical Theological Society requires members to agree on just two points: inerrancy of Scripture, and belief in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as "separate but equal in attributes and glory" and essential for salvation.
This really makes me laugh because if "Scripture" is nothing else it is errant. In fact that's exactly what my blog (By The Book Comics) is all about. And don't even get me started on the "holy trinity"... Ha!
humor Atheist Bible Christian Comics religion Evangelical
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
- ► 2009 (335)
- Sexpelled: No Intercourse Allowed
- Some things never really sat right with me
- Delusional thinking....???
- Punished by God? No one believes that!
- I give up
- Love for fellow human beings
- 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must...
- The Pagan Christ
- All Christians are moral relativists
- Parenting Beyond Belief
- Licona vs. Carrier: On the Resurrection of Jesus C...
- Noah's Flood: Myth upon myth upon....
- Evangelical Manifesto
- The Combination Lock of Religion
- Why is evolution so unpopular?
- If a watch points to a watchmaker, then...
- The Age of American Unreason
- What Does Crime and Religion Have In Common?
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2007 (407)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ► 2005 (102)
- ► 2004 (67)
- ► 2003 (108)