Jason Gastrich, or someone using that pseudonym, used to post here regularly. I doubt that person was authentic because his style differed markedly from Gastrich's stuff on sermonaudio.com.
Regardless, I've decided to make available a podcast of Dan Barker's debate with Jason Gastrich. If you take the time to listen, leave a comment or two. On semonaudio.com Gastrich was praised as the clear winner (would you expect otherwise?). A poll of who wins a debate is worthless when the only the choir is polled, but it would be interesting to get some feedback here with opinions on which arguments were the most thought provoking. Leaving specifics is most helpful.
Those who would like to purchase or read some excerpts from Dan's book, please click on this link: Losing Faith in Faith
Online Reading List
- An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish by Bertrand Russell (1943)
- Bible Teaching and Religious Practice by Mark Twain
- God is Imaginary
- Is there an Artificial God? by Douglas Adams (1998)
- Skeptics Annotated Bible
- The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (1795)
- Which Way? by Robert Ingersoll (1884).
- Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell (1927)