HOUSTON A longtime pastor of a Pentecostal church in Aldine has been convicted of sexually abusing a teenage girl in his congregation ten years ago.
The Reverend Curtis Bass of the International Pentecostal Church was sentenced yesterday to ten years in prison on two charges of indecency with a child.
A woman, now 26 years old, testified that he touched her breasts when she was 16 years old in 1994.
The 53-year-old Bass said -- quote -- "God is still in control," to dozens of church members seated in the courtroom after his sentencing.
Deputy investigator Russell Ackley of the Harris County Sheriff's Department says three women have lodged sexual abuse complaints against Bass.
Bass testified Wednesday and adamantly denied molesting the girl, but offered no reason for the repeated allegations.
Online Reading List
- An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish by Bertrand Russell (1943)
- Bible Teaching and Religious Practice by Mark Twain
- God is Imaginary
- Is there an Artificial God? by Douglas Adams (1998)
- Skeptics Annotated Bible
- The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (1795)
- Which Way? by Robert Ingersoll (1884).
- Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell (1927)