Keep a copy with you. When confronted by a religious fanatic quoting the Bible, pull out The Sacred Book of Kush and ask what the difference is. You will notice that The Sacred Book of Kush has everything that the Bible has, including circular reasoning, extravagant and unfounded claims, threats and promises (both equally unlikely ever to be fulfilled), arrogance, jealousy, stupidity, and sales pitches for the priesthood. It also has two things the Bible doesn't: a sense of humor and a merciful brevity.
1) This sacred book was revealed by Kush to his prophet, Rocko S. Fitch, who wrote it down word for word and added the punctuation later. 2) This book is absolutely 100% completely true, and if you fail to believe any part of it, you will be cursed forever by an itchy spot in the middle of your back right where you can't scratch.
1) Kush is the supreme being — all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present, immortal, and a pretty decent guy once you get to know him.
1) Kush created the entire universe and all the laws that make it work (such as 1 + 1 2). 2) This doesn't include the laws of economics; even Kush doesn't understand how they work.
1) Kush points out that all the stuff you hear about this so-called supreme being, God (alias Yahweh, Elohim, Allah, Ahura Mazda, etc.), is simply a fraud perpetrated by people who ought to know better. 2) Don't believe a word of it. 3) Kush is the one and only original supreme being.
1) Some of you will itch in perpetual torment. 2) Kush knows who. 3) For only $10 American, paid to his prophet, Rocko S. Fitch, Kush will tell you if you're included.
1) Kush answers all prayers. 2) The most common answers are "yes", "no", "maybe", "it depends," and "not for you, Saddam".
1) Kush has set an invisible pink unicorn (IPU) in the middle of your dining-room table to watch over you. 2Skeptics will arise who will doubt the existence of the IPU; they will itch.
1) Kush can peer deep into the future to discern miraculous events far beyond the ken of mortal man. 2) For example, the Mets will win the 1969 World Series. 3) You probably don't even understand these words, but trust Kush; it's gonna happen.
1) If you lead a reasonably good life, Kush will take care of you. 2) That's if you don't do one of the three things that are guaranteed to make Kush awfully mad at you. 3) Remember not to do any of these three things, ever! 4) Boy, will you be sorry if you do!
1) Many people have written in asking "How exactly will I know Kush when I meet him?" 2) That's easy. 3) You can't see him, hear him, smell, taste, or feel him. 4) When you meet someone who matches that description, that's Kush. 5) He's one of a kind. 6) Accept no substitutes.
This version of The Sacred Book of Kush was published in September, 2007, and is distributed by Atheists and Agnostics of Wisconsin. Click here to download a printer-friendly .pdf version of The Sacred Book of Kush.
Online Reading List
- An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish by Bertrand Russell (1943)
- Bible Teaching and Religious Practice by Mark Twain
- God is Imaginary
- Is there an Artificial God? by Douglas Adams (1998)
- Skeptics Annotated Bible
- The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (1795)
- Which Way? by Robert Ingersoll (1884).
- Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell (1927)