Religion vs. Science, parts 1 and 2at Wednesday, June 20, 2007
This is a short clip from Stephen Hawking's Universe. It shows the same thing that we see happening today with fundamentalist and their denial of Evolution and other scientific discoveries. This was a period in time when the Catholic Church was as fundamentalist as some of todays Christian denominations. They learned their lesson and accepted Evolution about 40 years ago. Isn't it about time you did the same?
Bible passages that relate to Geocentrism:
Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, and Chronicles 16:30 state that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." Psalm 104:5 says, "[the LORD] set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."
Bible passaged that relate to Human Evolution:
Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image"
Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground
To monitor comments posted to this topic, use .
Online Reading List
- An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish by Bertrand Russell (1943)
- Bible Teaching and Religious Practice by Mark Twain
- God is Imaginary
- Is there an Artificial God? by Douglas Adams (1998)
- Skeptics Annotated Bible
- The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (1795)
- Which Way? by Robert Ingersoll (1884).
- Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell (1927)