By Bill Jeffreys
It burns and purges and lingers about
What emotions are left
because it does not doubt
It consumes and eats without appeal
My heart alone, it leave unreal
I can not see what life it leaves
Can you see what I believe?
Please turn to me and feel me now
Be not like what I am ...
Hollow, empty, a sound you hear
when you are alone and shed a tear
It only stops when all is gone
Empty, it dies and leaves black skies
I look up and see what lies
my heart consumed with things that died.
But now I'm here and now I hear
I see and feel and run with without fear
My life alone, it always was
No more sound, now more false Noun
I am what I am I live what I live
Free of It, loose to be, to define what's me
I can rebuilt and learn to see
Start fresh, because there is no more Thee in me
Online Reading List
- An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish by Bertrand Russell (1943)
- Bible Teaching and Religious Practice by Mark Twain
- God is Imaginary
- Is there an Artificial God? by Douglas Adams (1998)
- Skeptics Annotated Bible
- The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (1795)
- Which Way? by Robert Ingersoll (1884).
- Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell (1927)